All of us at Estes Building & Remodeling would like to wish our valued customers and friends a very happy New Year! If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to beautify your home, then there’s no better time than right now to get down to it. Since bathroom remodeling in Tupelo, MS is at the top of many people’s home improvement lists, we thought we’d share a few trends for 2015 to help get your ideas flowing. Here are some fresh ideas worth committing to.
- Soaking tubs: Standalone tubs are coming back into style, with new modern, elegant design options that are anything but outdated. You might not have the space or budget for a huge tub with whirlpool jets, but a modestly sized soaking tub next to your shower could be the perfect addition to your bathroom in 2015.
- LED lighting: It’s better for the environment, it’s a stylish choice for your bathroom and it’s now more affordable than ever. LED lights may have gained a bad reputation early on for being too harsh, but advances in recent years have made them more gentle, and they can be installed inside your vanity to provide the perfect makeup or shaving station.
- Going gray: White is still usually the go-to option for paint and accents in residential bathrooms, but gray is emerging as a more modern alternative. If you want your bathroom to reflect the sophistication of the rest of your home, consider a gray color scheme.
- Bigger walk-in showers: You’re either a bath person or you aren’t. If you’re in the latter category, why not make your showering experience as luxurious as possible by ditching the tub and expanding your shower? You can give yourself a seamless transition and attain a more modern look by making your shower level with the rest of your bathroom floor for easy entry and exiting.
- Unique metallic fixtures: Stainless steel is a classic, low maintenance option for bathroom fixtures, but some homeowners are getting a little more imaginative this year. Nickel, bronze, brass and other metals all make for interesting pieces that will stand out in your bathroom.
- Sensor operators: You’ve undoubtedly encountered sensor faucets in restaurants or hotels, and now you can bring them into your home. Sensors are a hygienic, environmentally friendly option, and are now more reliable and easy to use than ever.
- Double vanities and sinks: Instead of one large mirror, individual vanities for his and her sinks give the users a more up-close view, and also have a more thoughtful look to them. If your family is always fighting over mirror and sink time, this can be a great solution for couples as well as siblings.
Whether you pick a trendy option or stick to a classic style, opting for bathroom remodeling in Tupelo, MS in 2015 is a choice you won’t likely regret. For more information and estimates for all these trends and more, please contact Estes Building & Remodeling.