When remodeling comes to mind, you might picture taking on projects during the warmer months of the year. But, winter is a fine time to do many remodeling projects around your home. If your New Year’s resolution was to improve your home and you haven’t gotten around to it yet, now is a great time to start. Here are a few projects that work great for wintertime home remodeling in Tupelo, MS:
- Interior painting: Snow and rain may make it difficult to apply a good coat of exterior paint during the winter, but there’s nothing stopping you from painting your indoor walls. If the winter gloom has gotten you down, consider repainting your home as an opportunity to introduce warmer, more cheerful colors into your life.
- Add insulation: When the temperature drops below freezing, you would do just about anything to make your home a little warmer without the drawback of sky-high heating bills. Insulation in your basement and attic are key, and you can also keep the cold out by caulking your windows and doorframes and adding new carpet pads. A small investment now will go a long way toward saving you money in the future. Call us today to hear about your insulation options!
- Remodel your bathroom: This is another example of spending a little to save a lot. Updating your plumbing and sink and shower fixtures could save you a bundle. And since you’re already poking around in there, you may as well add some features just for yourself. Install a more modern toilet, refinish your bathtub or finally change out that old grubby tile.
- Finish your basement or attic: When you’re stuck indoors all winter, your home can start to feel a little cramped. Lots of people live with tons of useable square footage right under their feet without taking advantage of it. Don’t let your extra space go to waste! Putting in the time and money to improve your basement or attic will give your family an extra living space, game room, media room or even an extra bedroom.
- Plant an indoor garden: Winter doesn’t have to be a fresh produce desert. There are plenty of plants that can grow and even thrive indoors, and your basement or extra bedroom could be put to good use as a planting space.
- Remodel your kitchen: As with your bathroom, a kitchen remodel has the opportunity to save you big bucks in the long run. In addition to updating your fixtures and appliances, you could really go as big or as small as you want to. Keep it as simple as a repaint job, or go in-depth and get that granite island you’ve been dreaming about.
Regardless of what your plans for winter home remodeling in Tupelo, MS may be, Estes Building & Remodeling, LLC is here to make your dream a reality. Give us a call today to learn what we can do for your bathroom, kitchen, basement, attic, walls and more.