When you become a homeowner, there will invariably be some point in time when you have to pick up stakes and move yourself and your family. Sometimes it’s a job that displaces you; other times it’s accessibility to high levels of luxury. The most common reason for people to move, however, is due to a lack of space or the feeling that the walls are closing in and your once perfectly sized home isn’t quite so accommodating any longer.
From growing families to changing lifestyles, any number of factors can make you feel like you’re not getting enough out of your square footage. And, when this feeling starts to creep over you, the obvious conclusion is to box everything up and move to a bigger space… however this isn’t the only solution available to you. In fact, many people often overlook just how simple home additions in Tupelo, MS can be when it comes to opening things up in your living space.
Take a look at five reasons you should always consider home additions in Tupelo, MS first, instead of jumping to conclusions that could leave you waving goodbye to the home you’ve enjoyed for so many year:
- Adding on to your existing home means you don’t have to displace yourself or your family when moving to a new home. Packing everything up, transporting it, unpacking and getting used to your new surroundings can be a huge inconvenience—wouldn’t it be nice to avoid that and still reap the benefits of additional living space?
- When you choose a new home addition over moving, you’re making a choice to add customizable space to your home, rather than settling for the pre-made space that another home is going to provide. Need a home office or a reading room? No problem—you can create these spaces with a new home addition, instead of having to transform another generic room to fit your needs.
- You may have already guessed this, but adding onto your existing home is going to be a whole lot cheaper than buying a whole new home! Even in a sellers market, the cost of selling your home and buying a new one is going to be tremendous compared to hiring a contractor to build home additions in Tupelo, MS.
- When you move, you’re leaving behind a piece of comfort. From the neighbors that you know and love, to the local area eateries that you frequent, to the friends your kids have in the neighborhood—all of this gets left behind when you move. If you add on to your existing home, you get to stay near and dear to all of these things and more!
- Adding on to your home does more than add space, it adds value as well! If the time does come to move someday and you’ve added space to your home, it’s going to fetch a better price on the market and net you a better sale when you do finally pick up stakes.
If you’re feeling a little cramped in your home, skip the obvious choice to move and instead consider what a home addition can do for you. And, if you need more convincing than the five reasons listed above, give Estes Building & Remodeling, LLC a call today a speak to a contractor who can explain all of the benefits of a home addition in detail.