If you regularly follow the trends and developments in home remodeling, you likely know that what was once very much “in” can just as suddenly seem to be “out.” But that shouldn’t stop you from incorporating elements into your bathroom remodel that you genuinely love. What follows are some of the hottest design trends for bathroom remodeling in Tupelo, MS that we’re expecting to carry over into 2016. While good taste never goes out of style, we cannot wait to put some of the following exciting trends in place in the new year:
- Black tile: Last year, we were crazy about gray for neutral, sophisticated bathrooms. Gray is still a great option, but black tile is expected to be all the rage in 2016. In addition to being classy, luxurious and calming, black tile is also great at hiding dirt and water spots, and adds a spa-like feel to your bathroom.
- Unique tile designs: Geometric tile patterns were hugely popular a few decades ago, but many of those older designs now just make your bathroom appear instantly outdated. But if you still want to add a cool pattern element to your remodeled bathroom, do not despair; tile mosaics that are monotone, asymmetric and bold will make your bathroom look anything but old and frumpy.
- Recessed lighting: How can you create a bathroom that is a wonderfully bright and sunny place in the morning, yet also calm and soothing at night? The answer is simple: recessed lighting! This useful lighting option is making a big comeback throughout the whole house, and nowhere is it more useful than in the bathroom.
- Wooden and stone elements: Transform your ordinary bathroom into a spa-like getaway with the careful addition of a few wooden or stone elements. A stone countertop, laminate floors that look like wood and rustic wooden towel racks are all practical and attractive ways to achieve this effect.
- Indoor plants: Indoor plants might seem a little tacky, but we are not talking about your grandma’s potted ficus. Give your bathroom a modern yet timeless feel by adding a few window box herbs or converting an entire wall into a vertical garden. This will certainly require some upkeep, but if you already have a green thumb in your family, then it’s definitely worth it.
- Seamless master suites: If your master bathroom is inherently cramped or dark, then traditional remodeling may only go so far. Instead, you might want to consider a radical solution: taking out the walls and making your master suite one large, seamless room. This is probably best for single people, and certainly is not meant for everybody. But with the right modern design help, it could give you a chic loft feel in your single-family home.
No matter which trends inspire you, Estes Building & Remodeling, LLC is here to guide you through the whole process of bathroom remodeling in Tupelo, MS. We hope 2016 brings good fortune and wonderful design to you and your family!