Whether your kitchen is too tiny for your lifestyle or storage space is lacking, there are many reasons to think about transforming your home kitchen into a more efficient space. To help you out, here are six signs that may point to needed kitchen remodeling in Tupelo, MS:
- Limited maneuverability: Food prep, cooking, serving and dish cleanup can have you moving at a quick pace from start to finish—but you work best when you’ve actually got room to cook. If your kitchen island, the main counter space, is an inconvenience in the middle of the kitchen, leaving room for only one person to comfortably maneuver, you might consider bringing in a professional home remodeling team to move it.
- The cook is left out: Common kitchen construction in older homes involve walls either all around the kitchen or built in as a part of the counter. Like being in charge of an outdoor barbecue that’s set far away from the party, the person doing the cooking tends to get left out, left by themselves in a closed-off kitchen while everyone else has fun mingling. If your home will still be structurally sound, why not knock out the wall between your kitchen and the dining area? When you take out walls to create one big room, no one will be left out of the gathering.
- The kitchen is not big enough: Compare your and your family’s lifestyle to the design layout of your kitchen. Do you cook a lot? Are you a chef? Is the kitchen a popular hangout area? In any of these cases, you can definitely benefit from expanding your kitchen space, either by going outward to take up some unused outdoor space, or by expanding into the dining room or living room.
- Countertop damage: Are your kitchen counters worse for wear? Do they look like giant heavily used chopping blocks? If your countertops look or feel old and dirty, it might be time to consider kitchen remodeling in Tupelo, MS. Not only will a new or resurfaced countertop contribute to more pleasing kitchen aesthetics, its intended functionality will be much improved, as well.
- Too little storage space: Most of us can use more room for storage in our kitchens, so when thinking about a remodel, it’s good to think about making the most out of all of the space that’s available. From unused space underneath and above large appliances to shallow cabinets and short drawers, take advantage of these areas to expand your kitchen storage space. Have pullout drawers installed under the stove, add a cabinet above the refrigerator and install drawers or cabinets in counter units. Also, check if built-in wall storage is possible.
- Dated cabinets: There are many older homes with beautiful, rustic-style kitchen cabinets. So when cabinets begin to show wear inside or on the surface, don’t just rip them out and install new ones. Instead, preserve the beauty of old wood by consulting a contractor to see if cabinets can be rejuvenated with a cosmetic facelift.
As a leader in the building industry, Estes Building & Remodeling, LLC is known as the go-to company for exceptional kitchen remodeling in Tupelo, MS. If now is the right time for new home construction or remodeling for your current home, contact us first for design suggestions and ideas.